The county of Devon is undergoing some notable changes, with businesses, both local and international, undergoing some notable developments in the region. Among them are luxury apartments, and furniture depots. There are a several developments in the Devon area, however, that stand out from most, watched closely by locals and businesses, such as APH Heating LTD Exeter, alike. Here are a few.
- IKEA’s Exeter branch
- Most homeowners looking for that special piece of furniture for their homes in the Exeter area have generally had to deal with travelling towards Bristol or Southampton to get what they want. That will change in the future, following the recent announcement made by furniture titan IKEA, confirming the rumors of an Exeter branch. This new store will generate business traffic for the city of Exeter, and create jobs for the local economy. The new branch will be located near the A379 road, between Sandy Park and Newcourt Way.
- Anchorwood Bank, Barnstaple
- One of the largest housing and commercial developments in the history of North Devon, the Anchorwood Bank development will attract a number of big company brands to the area, with an Asda branch already on site, and confirmations of branches from Next, DFS, and Chiquito, among others. The remaining area of the riverside site will be the grounds for 172 new homes. This development is lead by North Devon Homes and their partners, Wessex Investors and Pearce Construction.
- Devonshire Park, Paignton
- To be built on the former Nortel site, located across Long Road, this development project is the one with the least confirmed details. However, it is confirmed that it will be a mixed project, containing homes and commercial buildings. Several companies have been linked to the site, like The Range, and the supermarket behemoth Lidl.
- Byron, Woolacombe
- What was once slated to be the Narracott Hotel site was left abandoned and derelict for nearly a decade, despite being located in prime real estate space, overlooking the Woolacombe beach. This development was taken over, and will play host to 55 apartments, with additional cafe, bar and swimming pool amenities. This development is slated for completed sometime this year.
Locals and businesses, such as APH Heating LTD Exeter, will learn more about the developments as they proceed, and will experience the changes these projects will bring about as they near completion.