In a landscape plan, the most expensive item in the list is often paving. This is also the most permanent in the landscape plan. Therefore, it is imperative that you give careful thought when selecting the paving material. You need to consider the style that you want as well as the functionality of the pavers and what the maintenance requirements are.
You need not worry about where to find the materials that you will use in your paving projects. There are various materials available for residential and commercial landscaping projects in the market. You just need to select what fits your preferences and also consider your budget. Paving materials are also very versatile products that you can use these on your walkways, patio, drive ways and pool decks. However, you need to keep in mind that there are certain materials that are particularly suited on an area. So before making a decision, you need to consider all the factors. Take for example, tile. Tile is widely used for paving pools but this material is not recommended in a driveway since it is not durable. Many paving materials offer versatility of placement because of the different unique designs. If you are having a difficult time choosing the right paving material and paving pattern, you can always seek the help of a professional.
Here are some tips from designers:
- Consider the pros and cons when using bricks, concrete pavers, decomposed granite, tile, gravel and other popular paving materials.
- You need to know the cost of different paving materials.
- Understand the benefits when using permeable paving. This material prevents storm water from running off therefore replenishing the supply of ground water.
- Do your homework on the different applications of decorative concrete which includes staining, pattern stamping and concrete overlays. Also study the different pattern arrangements for brick and pavers. Examples of pattern are basket weave, herringbone, circular and running bond.
- Familiarize yourself with different paver colors, sizes and shapes that are available in the market.
Homeowners should collaborate with their designers in order to be satisfied with how their paving looks.